Volunteers are, and always have been, the backbone of our organization. They are the real changemakers who run the activities at our community center. In 2019 only, we hosted 100+ local and international volunteers with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
Whether Turkish or Syrian, Swedish or Tanzanian, we are always ready to host dedicated individuals who are ready to share their time, energy, and skills with our community.
Find out more and join our team today!
Who are we looking for?
Currently, we are looking for volunteers for these activities:
- Turkish Conversation Club [open to Turkish speakers ONLY]
Sundays 14:00 – 16:00 (from mid-March until the end of May)
We are establishing a new team of volunteers, who will help our smallest kids (up to 10 years of age) to improve their Turkish through interactive games. Along with other volunteers, you will create an 8-week curriculum for the group. Commitment for the entire duration of the program is required.
- English Conversation Club [open to all candidates]
Fridays 16:00 – 18:00 (mid-March until the end of May)
Volunteering in English Club offers a great opportunity for our kids to learn some basic English while interacting with English speakers. You will have the chance to work with kids age 8-11 and help them to improve their speaking skills. Commitment for the entire duration of the program is required.
- Art Club [open to Arabic speakers ONLY]
Thursdays 18:30 – 20:00
An inclusive healing art program which allows children to find their own voices through the artistic process.
- Homework Club [open to Turkish speakers ONLY]
Wednesdays 18:30 – 20:00
Sundays 12:00 – 14:00
An after-school activity that helps school-aged-children (Grades 1-8) complete their homework with the support of our volunteers.
Important to know before applying
- Familiarize yourself with our work and Volunteer Guidelines & Policies
- Be ready to commit to at least 2 months volunteering 3-4 hours a week
- Though our center is open 7 days a week, most of our activities run during later afternoons and evenings on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Be ready to volunteer in an international team of volunteers
- We don’t provide financial compensation, nor accommodation or logistical support to our volunteers
Two years ago I came to Istanbul to visit friends for 3 months and see
We Care, We Act – Humanitarian Volunteer Management Project Learnings Dived Into Our Summer Program!
Photo Credit: Hille Hanso As we Small Projects Istanbul are moving towards professional volunteer recruitment
Since the start of the war in Syria in 2011, Istanbul has become a place
Ready to apply?
Do you want to volunteer with us?
Do you want to host a workshop?